Friday, July 8, 2011

Bikram: Lock The Knee

Bikram yoga. Have you ever tried it?
It's a type of yoga that was developed by Bikram Choudhury in the early 70's. Classes run exactly 90 minutes and consist of a set series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. The room is heated to approximately 105°F with 40% humidity. It's the original hot yoga. :)
I started my practice at Maine Bikram Yoga January 2010 and instantly fell in love with it. 



Last June I completed a 60 day challenge and I have to tell you...I felt amazing! Sadly, my practice has fallen apart over the last year. A lot of personal stuff got in the way of making it to class and honestly even if I did manage to get myself to the studio, I spent most of the 90 minute class stuck in my head. Not the best place to be sometimes, right? 

But just like my girl Nina Simone says "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me ooooooooh
and I'm feeling good"  A few weeks ago the owners/teachers at my yoga studio asked me if I would like to watch the kids class on Saturday mornings. The trade-off? FREE YOGA!
An unlimited monthly membership can be kind of spendy (especially for a newly single mom like me) so this seems like the perfect opportunity for me to get back on the mat. :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...